We specialise in assisting our clients through the highly complicated process of buying and selling a business.
The process of acquiring a business is an event that may happen only once through-out your business life.
Our specialist services during purchase generally incorporate:
- Review of initial information provided by selling agent and vendor.
- Sensitivity analysis and calculation of sales turnover and margins for breakeven points and desired return on investment.
- Choosing the appropriate business structure (having regard to your existing circumstances, on-going asset protection, income tax and capital gains tax considerations).
- In conjunction with your legal advisors, advising in relation to appropriate contract conditions to ensure your interests are protected through-out the purchase phase.
- Undertaking due diligence and financial verification reviews and provision of detailed report.
- Finance review and liaising with finance provider(s) in relation thereto.
Once the business has been secured, we can assist in ensuring accounting and information systems are in place and can provide timely, relevant financial information. In this respect, we can assist you in:
- Set up and implementation of accounting systems
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) that drive the business
- Implementing systems to benchmark and measure KPI’s
- Formulation of monthly management reporting frameworks incorporating comparative analysis, industry benchmarks and budgets
- Formulation of business budgets
- Assistance in compiling management reporting as required
The process of selling a business is not generally an everyday event for an SME operator.
To assist you in maximizing your return from the sale, our specialist services include:
- Pre-sale analysis of the business including review of trading results and underlying support systems and processes.
- Preparation of Information Memorandum for use by prospective purchasers incorporating business background, trading data, area and competitor analysis and key points of difference in relation to your business.
- Preparation of Profit and Loss Statements (with multiple period comparatives) and supporting notes having regard to requirements set down by standard conditions of sale.
- In conjunction with your legal team, advising in relation to appropriate contract conditions to ensure your interests are protected through-out the purchase phase.
- Liaising with the purchaser’s Accountant in relation to provision of relevant information in assisting them in their due diligence enquiries.
Our key services
What our clients sayView more
MLR is a highly regulated industry/business and requires specialist knowledge. I have worked with Mr. Peter Brewer and his staff for many years involving nine (9) types of Community Title Schemes including high rise, medium rise, walk ups, town house & motel. Peter’s business advice has always been first class and that is corroborated by the fact that our relationship remains ongoing after almost 20 years.
Former President and Life Member ARAMA
I have worked with Peter Brewer over many years and have found his knowledge of the management rights industry, his professionalism and his commitment to looking after his clients’ interests to be exceptional.
For the past 10 years, we have been working with Peter Brewer. Our experience has been an exceptionally good one. Peter is accessible, professional and concise but with great attention to detail.
We expect to be working with Peter for many years to come. pbbConsult sets a benchmark that most of our other consultants struggle to achieve.
Dot & Trevor Carter
Seapal Pallets & Crates